News & Events
- U.S. flies 338 Americans home from cruise ship, including 14 with coronavirus February 17, 2020More than 300 Americans who had been stuck on a cruise ship affected by the coronavirus were back in the United States on Monday, flown to U.S. military bases for two more weeks of quarantine after spending the previous 14 days docked in Japan.
- U.S. State Dept tracks 60 U.S. citizens in Japan following coronavirus outbreak February 17, 2020The U.S. State Department said on Monday it is tracking the condition of 60 U.S. citizens in Japan after more than 300 Americans were repatriated from a cruise ship that had the largest cluster of coronavirus cases outside China.
- Mississippi floods appear to hit peak with parts of Jackson under water February 17, 2020Floodwaters in central Mississippi appeared to hit their peak on Monday, potentially allowing the area around the state capital Jackson to avoid any casualties after the Pearl River reached its highest level in 37 years, officials said.
- New York drops fight against T-Mobile-Sprint merger February 17, 2020New York on Sunday dropped its fight against the $40 billion merger of U.S. wireless carriers T-Mobile US Inc and Sprint Corp , saying the state would not appeal a judge's approval of the deal.
- Mississippi braces for floods as Pearl River hits 37-year highwater mark February 17, 2020Mississippi urged thousands of people in the Pearl River flood plain to evacuate as the river reached its highest level in 37 years near the state capital on Sunday and was not expected to recede for days.
- Trump kicks off Daytona 500 race with limo loop, Air Force One flyby February 17, 2020President Donald Trump took a loop around the Daytona 500 racetrack on Sunday in his presidential limousine, drawing cheers from fans at NASCAR's most prestigious race not long after completing a dramatic flyby on Air Force One.
- Hollywood therapist Amie Harwick found dead: media February 17, 2020Hollywood family and sex therapist Amie Harwick died after falling from a third floor balcony and a former boyfriend has been arrested in connection with her death, local media reported, citing police.
- Trump attends wedding of immigration hardliner, adviser Stephen Miller February 17, 2020President Donald Trump attended the wedding on Sunday of one of his top aides, immigration hardliner Stephen Miller, to Vice President Mike Pence's spokeswoman, Katie Waldman.
- Former DOJ officials call on Attorney General Barr to resign February 17, 2020More than 1,000 former U.S. Justice Department officials on Sunday called for Attorney General William Barr to resign over his handling of the trial of a longtime adviser of President Donald Trump.
- Democratic rivals tell billionaire Bloomberg: Let's debate February 16, 2020U.S. Democratic presidential candidates said on Sunday billionaire Michael Bloomberg should face the same rigorous scrutiny as his rivals and they would welcome the chance to square off with him in a 2020 presidential debate.
- Wet Commute Tuesday Morning February 17, 2020When Temperatures Will Start To Drop
- Not a Shock. Kentucky is Nation's Top Whiskey Exporter February 17, 2020Overall more than $33 billion was exported in 2019
- It's Time to Nominate for the Kentucky Oaks Survivors Parade February 17, 2020146 survivors will be chosen to walk before the Kentucky Oaks
- Americans Fly Home After Being on Coronavirus-Infected Cruise Ship February 17, 2020There were 340 Americans on those two planes.
- Warms Up Today! February 17, 2020Mild ahead of a cold front, but rain moves in Overnight
- Mild Start To The Week February 16, 2020Rain Monday night into Tuesday
- Clouds Return Sunday with Possible Showers February 16, 2020Not everyone will see a shower, but areas east have the highest chance.
- Adoptive Parents Enjoy Unique Benefits At Norton Healthcare February 15, 2020Paid parental leave and reimbursement for some adoption fees are available.
- Not As Chilly Saturday Afternoon February 15, 2020The arctic air is moving out on Saturday.
- Kentucky House Unanimously Passes Pension Funding Change February 14, 2020Sponsors say the bill will prevent employers from shedding payroll to lower their pension contributions.