NOW HIRING: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Written by Mark Royse on July 13, 2021
RADIOLEX seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, community-oriented individual to serve as Program Director for our two community radio stations: WLXU 93.9FM (English) and WLXL 95.7FM (Spanish). The ideal Program Director will be committed to high-quality, community-created content and be able to provide leadership and vision to our growing organization.
The Program Director works collaboratively with RADIOLEX staff and our volunteer programming committee to develop content that meets the needs and interests of our diverse community. The Program Director will serve as executive producer for all content on the station. Duties include managing and producing bilingual programming and schedules for two 24/7 stations. The Program Director provides oversight and supervision of volunteers engaged in content creation and broadcast production. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with FCC standards and ensuring that content fulfills the mission, vision, and values of RADIOLEX:
RADIOLEX provides a mass media platform to amplify underrepresented local voices and promote an equitable, inclusive community.
RADIOLEX will be a thriving, multi-lingual media collaborative embraced and sustained by our diverse community.
- Equity, inclusion, and understanding.
- The public safety and wellbeing of our city.
- Creativity, self-expression, and fearless exchange of ideas.
- Informing and empowering citizens to engage and collaborate locally.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluency in English and in Spanish.
- A background in broadcast, preferably in community or public radio.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with audio editing software and broadcast traffic and automation.
- A creative, culturally competent editorial perspective on content creation and curation.
- An understanding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) concepts.
- An understanding of basic journalism ethics.
- An understanding of traditional and online promotion.
- A connection with the central Kentucky music scene.
- Enthusiasm for diverse English and Spanish genres of music including jazz, hip-hop, r&b, soul, western classical, regional Mexican, Cumbia, salsa, Vallenato, bachata, reggaeton, merengue, international, electronica, and more.
- Excellent organizational and team coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Genuine friendliness and an ability to collaborate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
The Program Director position is full-time with benefits. Salary commensurate with education & experience. To apply, please send a resumé, salary requirements, and a brief cover letter to [email protected]. Application deadline is July 31, 2021.
RADIOLEX does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived: race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, developmental disability, or any other legally protected reason.