NOW HIRING: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Written by Mark Royse on July 13, 2021
RADIOLEX seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, community-oriented individual to serve as Volunteer Coordinator. This is a new position, and the right candidate will have an opportunity to collaborate with other RADIOLEX staff to build a sustainable volunteer infrastructure from the ground up.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for matching people with their passions. They will recruit and onboard volunteers in the areas of content creation, broadcast production, events and outreach, communications, and fundraising. They will be responsible for managing a volunteer database and tracking information about volunteers as well as available volunteer opportunities. The volunteer coordinator will also provide advocacy and supervision for volunteers in their various roles.
RADIOLEX operates two stations WLXU 93.9FM in English and WLXL 95.7FM in Spanish. Only candidates who are fluent in English and in Spanish will be considered for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience managing volunteers or a large staff
- Experience volunteering locally
- Strong community organizing/networking skills
- Excellent organizational and team coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- An understanding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) concepts
- Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Genuine friendliness and a commitment to the RADIOLEX’s mission, vision, and values:
RADIOLEX provides a mass media platform to amplify underrepresented local voices and promote an equitable, inclusive community.
RADIOLEX will be a thriving, multi-lingual media collaborative embraced and sustained by our diverse community.
- Equity, inclusion, and understanding.
- The public safety and wellbeing of our city.
- Creativity, self-expression, and fearless exchange of ideas.
- Informing and empowering citizens to engage and collaborate locally.
The Volunteer Coordinator position is full-time with benefits. Salary commensurate with education & experience. To apply, please send a resumé, salary requirements, and a brief cover letter to [email protected] Please translate the content of the cover letter into both English and Spanish.
Application deadline is July 31, 2021.
RADIOLEX does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived: race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, developmental disability, or any other legally protected reason.